Our course is made up of one unit split into the following elements:
Unit NC1: Managing construction safely
- The foundations of construction health and safety management
- Improving health and safety culture and assessing risk
- Managing change and procedures
- Mobile plant and vehicles
- Working at height
- Musculoskeletal health and load handling
- Work equipment
- Chemical and biological agents
- Physical and psychological health
Your first course materials will be sent to you when you enrol. You can then start straight away and progress through the course when and where you wish. Experienced tutors are available by phone, email or Skype during your training.
When you feel ready, you can book to attend your examinations at your chosen centre.
To successfully complete the course you will need to pass one written open book examination.
The aim of this assessment is for learners to practically apply the knowledge and understanding gained from their studies of the NC syllabus. To do this, you will need to complete an Open Book Examination (OBE) based on a fictional construction site.
You can find all the information about the OBE, including a sample OBE paper, on the following webpage:
* Please click here
for NEBOSH and exam centre requirements and fees.
To help you succeed with your training, you will receive:
- A course booklet
- A directed learning pack
- Tutor marked assignments with constructive feedback
- Support from experienced tutors
- Access to our dedicated student support team
- Eligibility for an NUS Extra card
You are able to start this course when you want and continue studying at your own pace. Many students are able to complete this course in approx. 6 months1.
1 Timescales are approximate and depend upon application and motivation.
Successfully complete this course and you will achieve the NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) qualification.
Our experienced tutors can be contacted by phone, email or Skype during your training.
This gives you the opportunity to ask questions, receive feedback and further develop your knowledge of health and safety.
Many people take this qualification as a first step in a career in construction health and safety. It gives a valuable overview, and is a sound basis for further professional study. You make a real difference in the workplace. The qualification covers the main legal requirements relating to health and safety in UK construction work.
You will be qualified to:
- Recognise, assess and control a range of common construction hazards
- Develop safe systems of work
- Take part in incident investigations
- Advise on the roles, competencies and duties under construction legislation
- Positively influence health and safety culture
- Confidently challenge unsafe behaviours
- Help manage contractors
When you have successfully completed this course you will have gained invaluable knowledge, practical skills AND a globally respected qualification that supports your role:
- Technical know-how to comply with legislation and implement best practice
- Practical skills to apply back in the workplace
- Confidence to influence your colleagues to work more safely
- Ability to adapt to changing workplaces and sites
You will also have the recommended skills and knowledge to enrol on our course that leads to the NEBOSH National Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals
No previous health and safety experience is required.
NEBOSH advises that you should have an understanding of the basic practical aspect of the construction industry.
NEBOSH recommends that you should have a minimum standard of English at Key Skills Level 2, GCSE or equivalent.
Important note: NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) is a standalone qualification. This means that you will not be able to use units from other NEBOSH qualifications against any part of this qualification.
Enrol now from £85
There are 2 ways you can enrol
- Pay the total course fee of £535* in one sum and receive a Free NUS/Totum card
- Pay a deposit of just £85*, followed by 9 instalments of £50
* Please click here
for NEBOSH registration, exam and invigilation fees.